Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the self made billionaire investor - trader, started his career with just $100 in 1985 has net-worth of around $2 billion in 2015 as per Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/profile/rakesh-jhunjhunwala/).
He hates to be compared with Warren Buffet but has high regards for George Soros. He has appeared in numerous interviews on TV and newspapers and has candidly shared his mantra for success in stock trading & Investing. Following are the 14 best of his quotes for budding investors, traders and his fans.
- You have to wait for right moment before investing in stocks. Never invest in any stock without proper idea on its business and fundamentals.
- First quality every investor should have is optimism. Ups and downs are common in stock movements but patience ultimately wins.
- Monitor price moments regularly. Don't forget the past history of stocks. Never take decisions in hurry.
- Believe in markets. Markets always do right thing in long term. Do not speculate.
- Price at which you buy a stock is very important. Look for the opportunities around with a keen eye.
- Maximize the profits and minimize the losses. Don't forget this basic rule.
- Invest in a business not a company.
- Don't look for excess profits in a over valued economy. Greed is not good for Stock Market investors.
- Investing is not my profession. It is my passion. Investing is the most interesting thing for me in this world.
- You should have your independent opinion. Keenly Observe and read relevant information with an open mind. Means are very important. Never follow herds.
- Learning is a continous process. Learn to accept losses with smile.
- Ready for challenges and risks. If you want to win a war, you have to lose many wars.
- You are not a owner of the wealth. You are a just trustee.
Recommended: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala as Wizards of Dala Street